CYRRC Virtual SPARK Program
The Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) and the Child and Youth Refugee Research Coalition (CYRRC) are partnering to host a virtual SPARK program, focusing on projects that support child and youth refugee mental health.
Submit your application by January 6, 2021 for the opportunity to join us and deepen your understanding of Knowledge Translation, and gain support in creating a plan to put your idea into action.
The CYRRC Virtual SPARK workshop will be held VIRTUALLY for 4 weeks, from February 9th to March 4th, 2021.
- Instructional sessions will be held every Tuesday from February 9th to March 2nd at 11am-1pm ET
- Mentor group meetings will occur every Thursday from February 11th to March 4th at 11am-1pm ET
Participants will also be expected to complete assigned homework individually each week as part of the workshop.
The workshop will be followed by one year of mentorship support.
Please note that spaces are very limited.
*Please note that the following technology will be required to participate in the workshop:
- High speed internet
- The ability to download the Microsoft Teams App
- Speakers (or earphones)
- The ability to view and produce documents
- Application deadline: January 6, 2021
- Selection of participants: January 18, 2021
- Workshop: February 9-March 4, 2021
The registration fee of $75.00 plus applicable taxes includes the workshop and one-year mentorship.
If the registration fee presents an extreme barrier to your application, there is a dedicated space within the application form to provide a brief explanation. Should your application be accepted, we will connect with you to discuss registration options for a discounted or covered fee.
How to apply to the CYRRC Virtual SPARK Program
- Ensure that your project idea has a focus on child and youth refugee mental health
- Download and review the instructions in our application guide.
- Complete our online application form by January 6, 2021 at 11:58pm ET https://survey.alchemer-ca.com/s3/50091996/CYRRC-Virtual-SPARK-Program-Application-Form-Formulaire-de-demande-de-candidature-du-programme-Virtuel-SPARK-de-la-CYRRC
Contact us if you have any further questions!