The Inquiring Mind: Post-Secondary (Virtual)
The Inquiring Mind Post-Secondary is an evidence-based training designed to promote mental health and reduce the stigma around mental illness on Canadian post-secondary campuses.
This course was developed specifically for Canadian post-secondary students from all academic programs.
The course’s goals are to give post-secondary students practical knowledge and skills about mental health so they can:
- recognise the signs of good, declining, and poor mental health
- understand the impact of stigma on mental illness
- use the Mental Health Continuum Tool to talk about mental health
- practice strategies to maintain your mental health and build resilience
- support actions that ensure a supportive, respectful, and inclusive campus for all students, including those with mental health problems
Module 1: Course Introduction / Mental Health and Stigma
- Good, declining, and poor mental health
- Respectful, non-stigmatizing, and people-first language
- Stigma, prejudice, and discrimination and self-stigma
Module 2: The Mental Health Continuum
- Mental health facts and risk factors
- The Mental Health Continuum Tool (detailed)
Module 3 : Self-care and Building Resilience
- Stress and students
- Coping strategies and The Big 4
- Deep breathing
- Smart goals
- Mental rehearsal
Module 4: Creating a Supportive Campus / Course Closing
- Discussion about suicide
- Supporting a peer
- Barriers to seeking help
- Campus and community resources
- Actions for building a supportive campus
By registering for this training course, you accept and agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions below.
You must be at least 18 years of age to register for and attend a training course.
To attend this virtual training course (via Zoom), you must have access to a working camera, microphone and speakers or earphones.
Terms and conditions
If a participant cancels their registration the refunded amount will depend on when we are notified:
- 45 or more days prior to course date: Full refund
- 30-44 days prior to course date: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days prior to course date: Non-refundable