The Working Mind First Responders: Primary (Virtual)
The Working Mind First Responder (TWMFR) Virtual is an evidence-based training designed to promote mental health and reduce the stigma around mental illness in the workplace.
It is specifically designed for first responders in fire, police, EMS, 911, corrections, and health care settings.
The Working Mind First Responders is designed to:
- Increase your awareness of mental health.
- Reduce stigma in the workplace.
- Encourage mental health conversations.
- Strengthen your resilience in order to maintain wellness.
TWMFR Primary offers practical knowledge to increase self-awareness and take care of your own mental health. Upon completing the course, primary employees will be able to:
- Define basic concepts related to mental health
- Recognize the impact of stigma for people with mental health problems and discuss how to reduce stigma in the workplace
- Recognize and keep track of changes in your mental health and well-being and know when to take appropriate actions or seek help
- Have conversations about mental health with colleagues, friends, and family members
- Recognize the role of stress and your response to stressors
- Practice The Big 4 coping strategies to manage stress and remain resilient
- Identify and use available mental health resources to support self and others
By registering for this training course, you accept and agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions below.
You must be at least 18 years of age to register for and attend a training course.
To attend this virtual training course (via Zoom), you must have access to a working camera, microphone and speakers or earphones.
Terms and conditions
If a participant cancels their registration the refunded amount will depend on when we are notified:
- 45 or more days prior to course date: Full refund
- 30-44 days prior to course date: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days prior to course date: Non-refundable