Centre of Excellence on PTSD SPARK Workshop
The Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) and the Centre of Excellence on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) are partnering to host a virtual SPARK Workshop, focusing on projects that support the mental health and well-being of Veterans and their families, including retired RCMP.
Submit your application by May 31, 2021 for the opportunity to join us and deepen your understanding of Knowledge Translation, and gain support in creating a plan to put your idea into action. We will use the MHCC Knowledge Translation Framework: Innovation to Implementation to support participants through their Knowledge Translation planning process to help move ideas into action.
This workshop is intended for Veterans and Veteran family caregivers, as well as service providers, researchers, policy makers, and peer support workers working in the area of Veteran and family mental health and well-being.
Please note that this workshop will be conducted in English. Workshop materials including the participant manual are available in both official languages.
The Centre of Excellence on PTSD SPARK workshop will be held VIRTUALLY for 4 weeks, from July 6th to July 29th, 2021.
- Instructional sessions will be held every Tuesday from July 6th to July 27th at 11:30am-1:30pm ET
- Mentor group meetings will occur every Thursday from July 8th to July 29th at 11:30am-1:30pm ET
Participants will also be expected to complete individual tasks each week as part of the workshop.
The workshop will be followed by one year of mentorship support.
Please note that spaces are very limited.
* Please note that the following technology will be required to participate in the workshop:
- High speed internet
- The ability to access and use Zoom
- Speakers (or earphones)
- The ability to view and produce documents
- Application deadline: May 31, 2021
- Selection of participants: Early June 2021
- Workshop: July 6-29, 2021
Registration Fee: The registration fee for the program is CAD$75.00 plus applicable taxes.
If the registration fee presents an extreme barrier to your application, there is a dedicated space within the application form to provide a brief explanation. Should your application be accepted, we will connect with you to discuss registration options for a discounted or covered fee.
Course Fee: The course fee is subsidized in full by the Centre of Excellence on PTSD.
The course fee includes the following:
- A month-long training workshop in a virtual setting delivered by Knowledge Translation experts and mentors
- Workshop materials
- One year of mentorship and follow-up support related to your SPARK project
How to apply to the Centre of Excellence on PTSD SPARK Workshop
Ensure that your project idea has a focus on Veteran and Veteran family mental health and well-being, including retired RCMP
Download and review the instructions in our application guide.
Complete our online application form by May 31, 2021 at 11:59pm ET.
Need more support completing your application? Our blogs may help!