With the challenges brought on by cold weather and the holiday season, winter can often be a difficult time. But with COVID-19, this year’s winter may be even more demanding on our mental health and well-being. This mini-guide is designed to help...
The Working Mind Virtual
The Working Mind (TWM) Virtual is an evidence-based program designed to promote mental health and reduce the stigma around mental illness in the workplace.
The Working Mind is designed to:
- Increase your awareness of mental health;
- Reduce stigma and other barriers to care in the workplace;
- Encourage mental health conversations;
- Strengthen your resilience in order to maintain wellness;
- Help you support yourself and others
Two TWM Virtual courses are available:
- Employee (5 hours)
TWM for employees offers practical knowledge to increase participants’ overall comfort level with mental illness. Upon completing the course, employees will be able to:
- understand mental health and mental illness
- recognize its signs and indicators, in themselves and others
- reduce stigma and negative attitudes toward people with mental health problems
- maintain their own mental health and improve their resilience.
Managers, supervisors, and team leads have a special role in any organization. Building on TWM for employees, the TWM managers course gives participants the practical knowledge they need to:
- support their employees’ mental health and well-being
- enable all employees to be more fully productive
- ensure the workplace climate respects and involves all employees, including those with mental health problems
- encourage employees to seek help for mental health problems.
Each TWM Virtual course is delivered by a certified facilitator and offers easily applied scenario-based lessons, videos that feature people with lived experience of mental illness, reference guides, and practical handouts.
Mental Health and Stigma
- Define basic concepts related to mental health and mental illness
- Recognize the impact of stigma and discuss how to reduce stigma and other barriers to care
Mental Health in the Workplace
- Recognize and keep track of changes in your mental health and well-being and know when to take appropriate actions
- Have conversations about mental health and mental illness with colleagues, friends and family members
Stress and Resilience
- Identify and practice coping strategies to manage stress and remain resilient
- Identify and use available resources to support yourself
Supporting Your Team (Only available in Manager course)
- Identify and use available tools and resources to support your team’s mental health
These four modules are designed to be delivered as follows:
- in the order given (as the content builds on each previous module)
- spaced out within a timespan of no longer than two weeks
- in combinations such as one module per day or two modules delivered back-to-back one day and the remaining two on another day OR
- all modules delivered on the same day with breaks between modules
To learn more about The Working Mind and to ask about course options for your organization, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org